Those of us who are on a healthy hair journey tend to always be in protective styles in the hopes of keeping the moisture in our hair, retaining length and preventing split ends. That's all well an good, but what's the point of having fabulous hair if you never show it off? Well, I had my fun and didn't retain nearly as much length as I normally would, but I enjoyed every bit of my hair. That ship has sailed and now I'm ready to grow my hair down my back and get super strict again. Before I go into the specifics of new regimen, I want to take you down memory lane with my hair.
|Top Right: January 2014, Top Left: April 2014, |
Bottom Left: August 2014, Bottom Right:December 2014
Hair Regimen 2015
- Moisturise with a water based hair cream or braid spray (morning and night)
- Seal moisture in with heavy oil such as castor oil (morning and night)
- Twist or braid hair (nightly) *
- Wear a silk or satin bonnet (nightly)
- Cleanse hair with sulphate free shampoo or co-wash
- Deep Condition with conditioner and oil (moisture conditioner)
- Oiling my scalp with olive, castor, coconut, jojoba or argan oil. **
- Cleanse hair with a clarifying shampoo
- Deep Condition with conditioner and oil (protein conditioner)
- I'll be protective styling on the following schedule:
- 1 January 2015 - 28 February 2015
- 1 April 2015 - 31 May 2015
- 1 July 2015 - 31 August 2015
- 1 October 2015 - 30 November 2015
- 30 day breaks in between
- Will utilize the following protective styles:
- Box Braids
- Sew-in Weave
* I will follow this when I'm not in a protective style
** Will follow this when I'm not in a weave
*** I haven't found any decent wigs that I really like. To be continued...
Do you need professional help building your healthy hair regimen? Book a hair consultation with Kavuli of Good Hair Diaries at Kavuli@goodhairdiaries.com. All pertinent information will be provided before the consultation is booked.
Have a Good Hair Day and remember to Love Your Hair!!!