These 3 oils are known to be sealants and hair protectors. They don’t just sit on top of the hair, but are soaked into it. They also contain good nutrients and vitamins like E, A, and B12.
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Aloe Vera
The above plants and oils are also amazing for hair. Castor oil has been used for centuries as a carrier for deep conditioning and styling (rumored as one of the choice oils of the Egyptians). Rosemary was used by many of our ancestors to help thinning hair, and in fact it does rejuvenate hair follicles. While, Aloe Vera, like Avocado oil and coconut, work to create shine and protects without any greasy build up.
You can easily use one or all of the above oils to add shine, stop frizz, and help keep your hair healthy. It’s especially a good habit to be in if you ever use a blow dryer or irons. Don’t be afraid of it being greasy. There are a lot of different hair types. Use a tiny bit on the ends at first until you figure out how much you need.
- Wet Hair: Put a little on your finger tips and rub into the ends of your hair before drying. Start with very little until you know what your hair needs.
- Dry Hair: Above method.
- Deep Conditioning: Massage into scalp and leave for as long as possible. Wash out with Homemade Shampoo. If you ever have oily build-up, put some baking soda in your hand while in the shower and massage through hair. It will feel weird, but that’s ok. It rinses out great and leaves your hair with no build-up.
#1 Simple Hair Oil
- Choose your favorite: coconut, avocado, or sweet almond oil.
- Apply as stated above.
#2 Deep Conditioning Hair Oil
Combine the following and apply as stated above.
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) castor oil
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp aloe vera juice
- 1 Tbsp sweet almond or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
Have a Good Hair Day and remember to Love Your Hair!!!