I'm constantly looking for ways to save a buck when it comes to my hair. I don't visit the salon since I taught myself how to trim and cut my hair. I also do my best to buy hair products when they are on sale, but sometimes you need to go the extra mile. Why not make your own conditioner? You probably have the majority of these ingredients in your pantry right now.
1 Egg White
1 Banana Baby Food
4 Tablespoons of Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
4 Tablespoons of Plain Full Fat Yogurt
The juice from 1/2 a Lemon (Do not use lemon concentrate!)
* Mix and mash everything up in a bowl. I recommend using a hand mixer to make everything extra smooth.
* Apply the conditioner mix to your hair from root to tip. Cover your head with a plastic cap or cling wrap.
* Leave the mixture on your hair for 15 to 30 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Do your final rinse with cold water to close the cuticle of your hair.
Benefits of each ingredient
* The egg white is a protein which helps to strengthen the hair shaft and provide shine. If you have identified yourself as a PROTEIN SENSITIVE chic, please leave this ingredient out when making your conditioner.
* The banana and coconut oil helps to restore moisture while adding body and softness to your hair. Your hair will feel so yummy after this.
* The yogurt helps with dry scalp and dandruff. I would go with an organic yogurt if it's within your budget.
*The lemon juice helps to exfoliate the scalp, which would help with dandruff. It also helps to regulate scalp blood flow, which would increase hair growth.
I hope you save some money and try this recipe out.
Have a Good Hair Day and remember to Love Your Hair!!!