Exfoliating your scalp is a really good way to loosen up and get rid of dead skin, product build up and relieve an itchy scalp. We also know that massaging the scalp for at least 10 minutes per day can improve circulation and enhance general hair health.
I'm a big fan of making my own quick hair products whenever possible. Check out the ingredients and directions for making my Brown Sugar Scalp Scrub.
- 4 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- Your favorite conditioner ( I recommend you use a cheap conditioner)
- Optional oil of your choice
- Jojoba Oil: for dry scalp
- Tea Tree Oil: For oily or dry scalp, dandruff, psoriasis or any other dermatitis. Tea tree oil is an antiseptic, anti-bacterial and antifungal
- Chamomile: clinically proven to have anti-inflammatory and repairing properties.
- Lavender Oil: Balances the production of sebum from the oil glands making it beneficial for dry or oily skins suffering from psoriasis, acne, eczema, etc.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Part hair into four or six sections. Hair may be wet or dry.
- Apply mixture to scalp with finger tips. Massage scalp in circular motion for a few minutes.
- Rinse mixture from the hair and proceed with your normal shampoo and conditioning regimen.
** The Brown Sugar can also be replaced with coffee grounds for a gentler scrub. **
Not keen to mix your own products? Try Organic Root Stimulator Scalp Scrub. It comes with a mixing cup and a brush. How handy!
Have a Good Hair Day and remember to Love Your Hair!!!