Make It Monday: Avocado, Honey & Olive Oil Mask
For some reason, your ends are dry and crispy.
You jacked your hair up.
Maybe that flat iron was a little too hot...
Whatever the cause, all you know is that you jacked your hair up, and you are desperate to fix the situation. And please believe that you have a major situation on your hands.
AVO, HONEY & OLIVE OIL MASK
If this treatment doesn't bring your hair back to life, it's probably time that you consider a major cut. It packs such a moisturizing punch, and I know that your hair could use a smack of moisture, that curls are revived and straight hair is silkier.
¤ AVOCADO ¤
• Prevents hair loss
• Promotes growth
• Acts as a moisturizer
• Strengthens and promoted growth with vitamins B & E
¤ HONEY ¤
• Adds moisture to lifeless hair
• Brings back the natural shine
¤ EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL ¤
• Hydrates hair
• Acts as a natural conditioner
• Nourishes brittle, dry and damaged hair
• 1 Large Ripe Avocado
• 1 tablespoons Honey
• 1 tablespoon Extre Virgin Olive Oil
1. Using a fork , smash the avocado into a chunky paste in a bowl
2. Add honey and olive oil to the smashed avocado
3. Blend into a smooth paste with a stick or traditional blender.
4. Wet hair with luke warm water and apply the mixture in sections from root to tips
5. Leave the mask on for 30-60 minutes. Cover head with a conditioning cap.
6. Rinse and condition as usual
You can thank me later, or just leave a comment below letting me know how it all worked out.
Have a Good Hair Day and remember to Love Your Hair!!!
GOOD (good) adj.
-In excellent condition; healthy: Good Hair.
Welcome to Good Hair Diaries or GHD as I now like to refer to it. My name is Kavuli and I am passionate about DIY hair care. I decided to start this blog back in September of 2009 after reading an article written in the New York Times about natural ethnic hair. Being an African woman , I believed that I had something valuable to say to my community. It is possible to have the head of hair of your dreams with proper care and information. You can attain it all by yourself!
GHD cares about one type of hair only...HEALTHY HAIR! I love natural, transitioning, relaxed and locked hair, and my goal is to provide information to women of every hair group without bias. I have been relaxed, weaved, wigged, braided up and cut short. I am currently natural with near bra strap length curly hair. Follow me as I review products, interview the natural hair community, figure out a solid hair regimen, research ethnic hair care and ramble about all those things that make GOOD HAIR!